The Academy for Cultural Diplomacy Voluntary Internship Project (2020-25)
Voluntary Internship at the Academy for Cultural Diplomacy
The Academy for Cultural Diplomacy Voluntary Internship Project (2020-25) is a 10 year program with the main purpose to enable students who need an internship as a compulsory part of their BA or graduate studies to engage in cultural diplomacy and in doing so, to further promote cultural diplomacy and multiculturalism worldwide.
The positioning of the Academy for Cultural Diplomacy in the centre of Europe, makes it a natural hub for the younger generation and indeed, the past years previous projects have been witness to interns being active participants in the multicultural field, where lasting friendships were formed and valuable contacts made, which immediately expanded each individual’s network to all parts of the world.
The diverse multicultural environment provides an excellent framework for Cultural Diplomacy to be practiced on a daily basis within the office as well as outside of the office. One of the main privileges afforded by the project is to work in a young, interdisciplinary and international environment, which serves as a model of successful multiculturalism in practice. The experience of learning to work together in a multicultural and international organizational environment is a rare, unique and a rewarding common experience.
The Academy for Cultural Diplomacy invites applications from individuals who are coming from the following fields:
- Eligibility - The internship is open to currently enrolled students who need this internship as a compulsory component of their academic studies or participants of the ERASMUS program.
- Duration - The voluntary internships are full time, unpaid and last 3-6 months.
- Language - Applicants must have good spoken and written English.
- Personal Skills - Due to the nature of our work, we place a high value on flexibility, a strong work ethic, and the ability to work well with others.
- Flexibility - Applicants must be prepared for a flexible working environment as teams and tasks might alter often according to the program agenda.
- Independence - Due to the large amount of activity and programs that BG runs throughout the year Interns work in teams under the direction of a Team Leader/Program Director with minimal supervision.
- Laptop - In addition, all interns must have access to a personal laptop, which they need to bring to the office on a daily basis.
Intern responsibilities include some of the following activities: