General Terms and Conditions of Participation in ICD Events & International Conferences
1. OrganizerAll programmers and events offered by the Institute for Cultural Diplomacy (ICD) are organized by the ICD (referred to hereafter as the "organizer”).
2. RegistrationParticipants may only register using the provided online registration form. Registrations are binding and are reviewed in the order in which they are received. Each program is open to a limited number of participants. If more applications are received than space allows, the organizer will create a waiting list and immediately inform the participants of their position on the list.
3. Payment of feesOnce officially registered, the organizer will send the participant a confirmation of registration and other pertinent information. Participants must comply with the payment deadlines and instructions sent to them by the organizer. Participation is only guaranteed when payment has been received by the organizer in full and on time.
4. SubstitutionA registered participant can authorize another individual to attend an event in his/her stead at any time in writing. Naming a substitute does not result in additional expenses.
5. Travel expenses / overnight accommodation / room reservationCosts for travel and overnight accommodation are not included in the event fee. Exceptions to this rule will be specifically stated in the event description. The participants are responsible for reserving and paying for these expenses themselves.
6. CancellationParticipation may be cancelled under the terms and conditions in this paragraph. In case a participant is not able to attend the program, the notification of cancelation should be sent to the organizer in due course, prior to the commence of the event. In Case of Cancelation, the ICD does not refund the participation fee. In this instance, participants are able to put this cost towards another ICD Program, after the ICD has received the notification of cancelation in due course, prior to the commence of the event. This Shifting of this cost will be granted one time.
The fee will not be shifted should the participant cancel after this deadline or fail to attend the event.
7. Event cancellationThe organizer reserves the right to cancel events wholly or in part in case of an insufficient number of participants, program cancellations, organizational reasons, changes of availability of speakers, force majeure or other unforeseeable events that render the execution of the event impossible and/or not worthwhile or that would lead to the organizer incurring unreasonable expenses in executing the event. The organizer shall immediately inform participants of such changes
Should an event be cancelled by the organizer for organizational reasons or as a result of force majeure, as outlined above, the organizer will refund the event fee in full. Claims for further liabilities or damages are excluded. Participants may not assert any further claims and any such claims shall be excluded. This also applies to compensation claims for travel and accommodation costs and lost working hours.