The 2012 International Symposium on Cultural Diplomacy & International Economics
"Political & Economic Inequalities: Bridging the Gap between Civil Society and the Public & Private Sectors"
Symposium AgendaThe International Symposium on Cultural Diplomacy & International Economics will provide a forum to examine the factors contributing to economic and political inequality both on a global and a particularized scale, identify trends and propose solutions. The economic, political and cultural conditions leading to the development of the current situation will be assessed, while a particular focus of the conference will be given to the influence of corporations and powerful individuals. In addition, the function of international organisations and the European Union to serve as venues for decision-making beyond nation states will be reviewed.
During the conference, the following themes and issues will be explored:
Political and Economic Inequality in Society: Historical Overview
- Inequality among individuals and groups within society and inequality among countries
- Inequality as a necessary and beneficial element of society or a social sickness? Morality versus utility
- Political, economic and cultural conditions which foster inequality
- Evidence of current economic and political inequality
Developments & Trends in Political and Economic Inequality over the last 25 Years
- Factors contributing to income inequality; the effect of globalisation and global economic growth
- Factors contributing to political inequality at the national and supranational levels
- International relations and the impact of globalization and international markets on economic inequality
- Evolving models of democracy and the impact of the political system of a country on economic inequality
The Role of the Private Sector to Equalize Economic Inequality in the 21st Century Modern World
- The Power of the Private Sector to Serve as an Example and Equalize Economic Inequality
- Corporations in the Modern World of the 21st Century: Roles, Ethics, and Responsibilities
- The Reputational and Financial Benefit for a Corporations Responsible Behavior: Can Corporations be able to grow and develop without Social Responsibility in Our Interdependent World?
- The Ultimate Role Model for Corporate Leadership: the Power of Positive Leadership to Influence and Positively Change Economic Inequalities
Solutions & Innovative Approaches to Tackling Economic Imbalances
- Standing up for greater economic equality; policies and future measures
- The role of cultural diplomacy in reducing social divisions within and between societies
- The role of cultural diplomacy in providing a platform for under-represented views and interests
- The role of global governance institutions and global economic institutions on solving economic imbalances
The Expanding Role of Corporate Social Responsibility in Society
- The Economic Benefits of Corporate Social Responsibility
- The Impact of Corporate Social Responsibility in Societies locally and globally
- Should the Practice of Corporate Social Responsibility be Compulsory for the Business Operations of Multinational Corporations?
- The link between cultural diplomacy and corporate social responsibility and the benefits of corporate cultural diplomacy