|The Center for Cultural Diplomacy Studies (CCDS)
BA & Master Programs in Cultural Diplomacy
BA & MA Programs
The Center for Cultural Diplomacy Studies (CCDS)
Learn More about the Center for Cultural Diplomacy Studies
The Academy of Cultural Diplomacy is delighted to announce that the first students worldwide have completed their graduation with an MA in International Relations & Cultural Diplomacy. To read more about the graduation ceremony and see to photos please click here
(Cluj; July 3rd, 2014)
Our BA & MA Programs
It is our pleasure to introduce you to BA & MA programs in Cultural Diplomacy.
At the CCDS, we have worked intensively to design innovative graduate programs that provide a unique approach to international relations, global economics, intercultural relations, globalization, global governance, art and culture. We believe that the traditional academic components of a degree in these fields must adapt to our rapidly changing world. To that end, our approach to contemporary global affairs focuses on soft power and cultural diplomacy, which play increasingly important roles.
The programs are pioneering, unique and innovative in their content and approach and offer professional development in cultural diplomacy and related fields. For students with an interest in foreign policy, international affairs, cultural diplomacy, political science, or international economics, the programs provide a platform from which students can gain hands-on experience and high-level knowledge; equipping students with the tools to launch their career even before the completion of their studies.
Concept of the Degrees
In the 21st century, bilateral and multilateral relations have assumed a greater importance than at any time in history. International cooperation has therefore become imperative in maintaining and improving economic, political, and social environments worldwide. These concerns pervade almost all areas of human activity and high level issues that foreign policy makers address increasingly affect the ordinary lives of people around the world.
These developments have significantly increased interest in the study of International Relations and Cultural Diplomacy and concurrently have created a need for professionals who understand these subjects. The diminishing power of the individual nation state, combined with the international nature of modern issues like global politics, economics, human rights, global health, climate change, international terrorism, etc., now demand interdisciplinary academic instruction and experience.
Expertise in one field no longer guarantees professional success and it is therefore vital that those aspiring to work in the fields of international relations and diplomacy have an advanced understanding of a number of relevant disciplines, including but not limited to International Politics, International Economics, Diplomacy, Culture, Philosophy and History.
University programs striving to provide students and young leaders with the fundamental understanding and practical skills necessary for careers in international affairs must now adjust their programs accordingly to include commerce, development, and culture as topics of study.
The CCDS Programs in Cultural Diplomacy, which operate under a joint partnership between the Academy for Cultural Diplomacy and leading European universities, offer unique educational programs that educate students from around the world in the above mentioned academic disciplines related to International Relations and Cultural Diplomacy. The programs go beyond the traditional International Relations-based approach to globalization, while considering the role of Cultural Diplomacy and interdependence in a multipolar world.
Key Objectives of the Programs
- Educate students about Cultural Diplomacy within the context of the political, economic, and cultural dimensions
- Analyze soft and smart power strategies within the international relations discourse
- Equip students with the relevant skill sets and knowledge required to succeed in the highly competitive international arena
- Cultivate individual thought and reflection on new issues surrounding the rapidly developing field of Cultural Diplomacy
The Programs are Distinct in Offering the Following Key Benefits:
- Students will have exclusive and privileged access to all ICD events and programs around the world, which will provide opportunities to network and build contact with world leaders and prominent experts in a diversity of fields from around the world.
- The program offers a core curriculum in International Relations & Economics, Global Governance and Globalization.
- The program guarantees to provide students with expertise in the field of cultural diplomacy.
- The program provides students with the advantage of learning in two major European cities and thus the opportunity to gain academic, professional and personal experience from living in two different cultures.
- The program consists of a unique structure that provides students with the opportunity to gain practical experience parallel to their studies by giving them the opportunity to participate in the activities of the Institute for Cultural Diplomacy, which will save them time in their careers and guarantee that they will have this experience in their CV.
- The program provides students with expertise in at least two academic fields which will give them a significantly greater number of career options in the future and will be give them a considerable advantage within the political arena against students who simply have a BA/MA in International Relations.
- During the Professional Development semester of the program, students will be able to create and implement their own events and programs on Cultural Diplomacy and experience how the knowledge they have gained can be effectively applied in the professional world. This also provides relevant professional experience and contacts that can assist students in preparing for their future careers.