Symposium on Cultural Diplomacy & Human Rights
"Towards a Global Human Rights Culture: The Need for a Collective Alliance in the Protection & Promotion of Human Rights"
Environmental Responsibility & Climate Change
(May 29th - 30th, 2013)According to the UN Millennium Development Goals, environmental sustainability has become a priority in guarantying a safe future for following generations. Climate change is significantly affecting increasing poverty conditions in developing countries, and therefore immediate solutions for a sustainable planet are necessary in working towards global stability.
This component of the Symposium on Cultural Diplomacy & Human Rights will explore and discuss issues concerning environmental responsibility and climate change challenges and proposed solutions. The event will furthermore focus on the importance of building and supporting dialogue between science and civil society in order to create awareness and provide viable solutions through domestic and international policy considerations.
The Symposium component will focus in particular on the following areas:
- The Application of Cultural Diplomacy in Addressing Environmental Responsibility & Climate Change
- Contemporary Governmental and Inter-government Regulation on Climate Change
- The Rise of Green Politics as a Global Ideology and Global Priority
- The Challenges of Emerging Economies in Embracing Environmental Policies
- The Role of Civil Society and the Private Sector in Fostering Environmental Sustainability & Regulating Governmental Policies
- Climate Change and Human Rights: Defining the Multilateral Governance Framework